Highlights of our STEP 3: Piano Program (beginners, ages 4-7)
We are now accepting new students ages 4 to 7 into our STEP 3 Piano Program.
- Child-centered education.
- Nurturing & Supportive Educational Philosophy.
- Multiple learning styles (direct/observational).
- Highly-Qualified Teachers.
- Parents Participate too!
- No musical experience necessary!
- Parents learn to play in order to better coach their child at home.
- 2-classes per week
- Private lesson where you learn to play your instrument.
- Group class to learn, theory, performance, play in ensemble, and team work.
- Performance Opportunities
- Progressive Graduation Recitals no stressful exams!
- Students progress at their own pace!
- Free observation and meeting with director.
- Trial classes available May to August 2018.
- New term starts August 20th.
- $1,100HKD per week for 2 classes per week.
- Tuition is pro-rated from registration date.
- 36-weeks per year (two 18-week terms)
- Be in touch for more details on registration.
HUI Phoebe Yan Ting was born in Hong Kong, where she began studying piano at an early age. She has participated in Hong Kong and regional piano competitions. Other than piano, she also studied harp with Joey Lau and Miss Lauyee. Ms. Hui actively takes part in performances and and is often a harpist for wedding ceremonies. She has been teaching piano and harp for years not only privately, but also in music studios and Pui Ching Middle School. Recently, she focuses on develop teaching skills by attending courses internationally in both piano and harp.
Ms. Hui completed her Book 1 and 2 Suzuki piano teacher training with Chit Arambula in the Philippines and in June 2018 will start her harp teacher training in the United States.
HKSMI will start a piano program in January 2018 and potentially start a harp program in August 2019.